The Abilene ISD District-Wide Consultation Committee (DWCC) has proposed calendars for the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 school years. The DWCC is made up of parents, teachers, other certified district personnel, and community and business representatives.AISD has chosen to create calendars for the next two school years to allow greater opportunity for long range planning for AISD families as well as district personnel.A few items of interest regarding the development of the school calendar:
- The state-mandated start date for Texas public schools is the 4th Monday in August.
- Spring Break is set in conjunction with our local universities and is the second full week in March.
- High school graduation date, the last Saturday in May, is set by AISD administration in conjunction with availability of the Taylor County Coliseum.
A school district calendar must include the following:
If you have any questions/comments please click here to send an email to a member of the DWCC.
- 177 days of instruction for students
- 10 additional days for teachers for staff development and teacher work days
- 2 inclement weather days
- School holidays