AISD, do you know a secondary math or science teacher you would like to nominate as a Teacher of the Year? What about a Fine Arts teacher (all grades for Fine Arts)? The Abilene Education Foundation is now accepting nominations for its annual Teacher in the Limelight Celebration Awards in the following categories:
• Secondary Math and Science teachers (high school-level courses)
• Fine Arts teachers (all grades)
Who can be nominated?
• Math & Science teachers: Eligible nominees are certified teachers who teach at least one qualified math or science course to students in grades 8-12.
• Fine Arts: Eligible nominees are certified teachers whose primary subject is in the field of fine arts. All grade level teachers are eligible to be nominated.
Who can nominate?
• Nominations will be accepted from administrators, parents, fellow teachers, students (current or former), or community members.
Math & Science:
• 6 Math finalists will be chosen, and each will receive $500
• 5 Science finalists will be chosen, and each will receive $500
• From the finalists, an appointed committee will select one math teacher and one science teacher as the recipients of the Edwin and Agnes Jennings Teaching Excellence Awards for Math and Science Teachers. The two winners will each receive an additional $1,000.
One finalist will be chosen from all the nominees (additional letters of recommendation will be required, and all nominees will be notified about additional requirements in mid-January). The finalist will be honored at the dinner, receive a 2021-2022 season subscription to the Abilene Philharmonic plus two tickets to the Annual Guild Ball, and a $1,500 stipend.
Nominations are now open and will be until mining on Friday, Jan. 8. Nominate a teacher today at https://www.aaeeff.org/. If you have additional questions, please contact the AEF at 325-677-1444 ext. 2616.