Behavior Support Information
In the AISD we believe that respect, care and having high expectations for each student are the foundations for learning. We value the development of life skills as equal to the teaching of content.
Our district is committed to take a proactive approach to student behavior through a Positive Behavior Intervention System (PBIS), multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) and social emotional learning (SEL).
- A safe and supportive learning environment should be maintained for all individuals at school and at school-related activities.
- Students can achieve academically and socially at higher levels if their physical and social/emotional needs are met.
- Self-regulation begins with the adult; expected behavior and social-emotional skills must be communicated, modeled, taught, and coached on a daily basis throughout the school year.
- Students thrive in predictability, structure, and daily routine.
- Mutual respect within our diverse school culture is the responsibility of our students, staff, and parents and community.
- Each child has value; respect for cultural and individual differences will create a safe school environment where strong relationships may grow.