Home » Departments » Transportation » Transportation Safety Procedures
Transportation Safety Procedures
We are excited and honored to be a part of the education process in the Abilene Independent School District. We ask that the following procedures are followed to ensure a safe trip both to and from school.
- Arrive at your scheduled stop 5 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time. If you are late do not run toward the bus, this is very dangerous and other cars may not see the student. We have to stay on schedule to ensure that all students arrive to school in a safe and timely manner. Many buses serve more than one campus.
- Form one line and enter the bus one student at a time.
- Find your assigned seat.
- Please put seat on seat and back on back.
- Both feet on the floor facing the front.
- Place your backpack in your lap.
- Talk quietly to your seat partner.
- No food or drinks.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the transportation office at 325-698-1628