Hello! My name is Nikki Kittley, and I have been blessed to serve as counselor for Thomas Elementary since 2014. I taught in AISD for 20 years and am extremely proud to have been a Thomas Texan since 2003! My husband, Danny, is an attendance officer at Abilene High, and all three of our sons are AHS graduates. I also have four grandchildren, one of whom is a student at Thomas Elementary. It is truly an honor and a privilege to work for such a child-centered school district!
My responsibilities as the school counselor include:
- Connecting students and their families with community resources.
- Providing a comprehensive developmental guidance program for all students.
- Individual counseling for students needing social, emotional, or academic support.
- Group counseling on specific topics such as relationships, setting personal goals, and self esteem.
- Gifted and talented testing.
- Campus coordinator for all STAAR and TELPAS testing.
I look forward to serving the families of Thomas Elementary. I encourage students and parents to feel free to come and visit with me at any time.
Nikki Kittley :)