Welcome to First Grade at Dyess Elementary. For your child to be successful this year we need to work as a team.
* We ask that your child reads, or is read to, for a minimum of 20 minutes per night.
* Study high frequency words (vocabulary) and spelling words each week.
* Our goals for math this year are:
- Addition and subtraction facts - and strategies up to 20
- Identification of coins (penny, nickel, dime, and quarter)
- Telling time - identify time to the hour and half hour
- Non-standard measurement (paperclips etc.)
- Two and three dimensional shapes
- Place value; one, tens, hundreds
- Numbers 0-120
- Personal financial literacy
* We explore our world through life, physical, and earth sciences.
* In addition, we explore our world through learning map skills (north, south, east, west), World cultures, and Holidays.
* We focus on good citizenship by stressing good decision/choice making skills.
We ask for your assistance in keeping us informed about:
- allergies or special medical conditions
- any change in daily dismissal (pick up) from school.
Please inform your child’s teacher in writing, or by phone.
Please always notify the office if your child will be absent.
We look forward to teaching your children.
Mrs. Castillo, Mrs. Moody, Mr. Muzaurieta, Mrs Payen, and Mrs. Warren