My name is Kayce Chambers and I am so excited to serve as the school counselor at Dyess Elementary! I graduated from Tarleton State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology. It is the mission of the School Counseling Program at Dyess Elementary School to provide a comprehensive guidance program that addresses the academic, career, and personal/social development of all students. In partnership with other educators, families, students, and the community, the school counselor facilitates a support system to provide students with the knowledge and skills to become lifelong learners and positive leaders. As the school counselor, I support students in a variety of ways:
- Classroom guidance lessons- delivering classroom guidance lessons K-5 based on personal, social, academic, and career competences.
- Individual student planning- assisting students with behavioral and academic goal setting.
- Responsive services- meeting immediate student needs (counseling, crisis intervention, consultation, referral, peer mediation, provide resources).
- System support- school-wide program planning and implementation, consulting with other professionals, coordination of various supports for students and families.
- 504 Coordinator.
- Campus coordinator for all STAAR, TELPAS, and Gifted and Talented testing.
- Participate in “Leader In Me” Lighthouse Team.
I look forward to a wonderful year where our students “Aim High!” Please feel free to contact me or come by anytime!