Home » Grade Levels » First Grade
Welcome to First Grade at Dyess Elementary. We are excited to partner with you to help your child be successful this year!
This year, students will enter 1st grade and become more fluent readers and writers by the end of the school year.
Our goals for math this year are:
- Addition and subtraction facts – and strategies up to 20
- Identification of coins (penny, nickel, dime, and quarter)
- Telling time – identify time to the hour and half hour
- Non-standard measurement (paperclips etc.)
- Two and three dimensional shapes
- Place value; one, tens, hundreds
- Numbers 0-120
- Personal financial literacy
We explore our world through life, physical, and earth sciences. In addition, we will explore our world through learning map skills (north, south, east, west), world cultures, and holidays. We will focus on good citizenship by stressing good decision/choice making skills.
We look forward to teaching your children!
Ms. Coffey, Mrs. King, Mrs. Monroy, Mr. Muzaurieta, Mrs. Ramos and Mrs. Warren