Welcome Back to School AISD! – REOPENING PLAN
The 2020-21 school year is upon us, and all of us in the Abilene Independent School District are excited to welcome your children back to campuses across our city next month. It seems like more than just 4 1/2 months have passed since we last saw children in our halls and on our campuses when we left for Spring Break on March 6, but the day that we all get back together again is coming soon.
As part of the reopening of the Abilene ISD for the 2020-21 school year, we are seeking input from parents and/or guardians of district students on whether their children will be learning on campus or remotely this year.
Please complete the survey (to the right) to let us know whether your student(s) intends to learn on-campus or at home during the 2020-21 school year. You can also watch the video (below) that will give you an illustration of what a typical day for in-person instruction and remote learning will look like.
Thank you, and Welcome Back!
- Parents will be asked to provide a water bottle for each of their students and send it to school each day filled with water to drink throughout the day;
- We are asking now that if you have the means to buy a device for each student in your household that you do so in order that they might continue learning remotely in the event of a classroom, grade-level, campus or district shutdown at some point during the school year; and
- In addition, be on the lookout for more communication concerning transportation and bus routes. Because we might have limited space on buses throughout the year because of social distancing, we are asking parents to transport their student(s) to and from school each day if possible. We will be sending a survey to parents who have used AISD transportation next week to gauge whether or not they will be using our transportation or getting their student(s) to school on their own.
Please complete the following survey to let us know whether your student(s) will choose to learn on-campus or at home during the 2020-21 school year.
- School Supply Lists
- TEAMS Parent Access – (Help with Access)
- Education Rights and Responsibilities during COVID-19 (TEA)
- Standardized Dress
- Tax-Free Weekend
- Bus Information
- Student Nutrition
- Free and Reduced-Price Meals
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- CDC Schools and Childcare Guidelines