Woodson Center for Excellence
Bridges is an accelerated 8th/9th grade program for students who are 15 years old or older by September 1st and still enrolled in middle school or a 16 year old reclassified freshman at high school. The goal of the program is to enable students to complete 8th – 10th grade in two years. Once students are classified as 9th graders they can earn credit towards their high school diploma. Students may re-apply to stay at Woodson or return to their home campus once they are back on track to graduate.
Excel is a program of choice for students 17 years old & older who are behind in credits and in jeopardy of not graduating with their cohort class. WCE offers an individualized-pace program designed to accelerate a student’s education and meet state and local graduation requirements. Students who are classified as 12th graders are eligible to participate in senior activities and graduate with their home campus.
Criteria for enrollment:
- Student must be currently enrolled at an AISD campus
- Student must meet one of the state at-risk criteria
- Completed WCE application
- The application will be sent to WCE for review
- Students will be notified of their acceptance from their home campus
- Bridges students will register for classes in August at WCE; Excel students will be assigned an orientation date
Principal: Jaime Tindall
Assistant Principal: Don Heseman
Colors: Green & White
- October 19th GraduateOctober 19, 2018
Here you can define the content that will be placed within the current tab.