ATEMS High School
Welcome Back to School!
ATEMS Senior Class of 2019
ATEMS Students Sweeping a Black Belt Competition
Freshmen Biology Cell Projects
ATEMS Students in the Cooper Band
ATEMS Robotics Students
ATEMS Chemistry Students
Good morning, ATEMS. Today is Friday, November 15th, 2019.
Afton Clare Condra was born yesterday, weighing 9lbs. 2 oz. Congratulations, Mrs. Condra on the newest addition to your family!
Our CHAMPS focus this week is “Walk and Talk”. Please continue walking as your talking to friends and going to your classes.
No after school tutorial busses today.
Today is an “A” and “C” lunch day.
Students, if you have aerosol (or spray) cologne/perfume, please do not use it in the middle of class or within areas where there are large numbers of students. Some people are allergic to those scents or may have adverse reactions to them, so please be considerate to the needs of others.
Also, we are into the cold and flu season, so students (and teachers) remember these few tips:
- Routinely wash your hands during the day and/or use hand sanitizer
- Use soap and warm water for at least 30 seconds
- Don’t share writing/eating utensils with one another
- Don’t chew on your pens/pencils, etc. while in class
- Routinely clean work spaces and laptop computers
- Clean your bathroom passes when re-entering the classroom
Juniors, if your ordered a class ring from Josten’s, the ceremony for the delivery of those rings is next Tuesday, November 19th at the One AISD Boardroom starting at 6:00pm. Please make plans to be in attendance that evening to accept your rings.
Seniors, if you didn’t turn in your cap & gown orders last week, you will now be required to take your order form directly to the Josten’s office on Industrial Blvd. You must place an order prior to the Christmas break to ensure delivery by the end of the school year.
Attention all bus riders, upon receiving your new bus tag badge, please keep it in a safe place or your replacement cost will be $5 (and eventually you won’t be able to ride the bus if it hasn’t been replaced).
Juniors, please fill out the form you received in your email from Mrs. Nall. It will be available until November the 20th.
The following students were honored yesterday as the 2nd Six Weeks “Students of the Six Weeks”, so we say congratulations once again to:
Freshmen: Jamiya Redwine & Joshua Thompson
Sophomores: Kaylynn Reyna & Claude Nduwimana
Juniors: Davina Hawkins & Cooper Naredo
Seniors: Hailey Signor & Seth Levesque
Teacher of the 2nd Six Weeks: Ms. Lindley
COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
- The United Way is looking for volunteers at their first Winter Lightfest. The event is every Thursday through Sunday night from Thanksgiving (November 28th) to the last weekend in December (December 29th). They need 40+ volunteers each of the 20 nights of this event. Volunteer needs include:
– Point of Sale (selling tickets at the admission gate or working in a gift shop / concession stand)
– Trail Rangers (monitoring the trail, guiding traffic along the route, & assuring safety for guests)
– Clean Up Crew (cleaning trash, refilling trash liners, and assuring clean spaces throughout park)
– Hospitality (providing breaks and support to volunteer group at-large)
- Abilene Mixed Martial Arts is having a tournament on December 6th-7th at the Abilene Convention Center. They need help keeping score for the contestants. There will be a training session for keeping score on Wednesday, December 4th from 6:00 to 6:30pm.MMA Tournament Help
- On December 14, 2019, at 11:00am, Wreaths Across America ceremony will be at Texas State Veterans Cemetery on FM 600 to Remember and Honor our veterans through the laying of Remembrance wreaths on the graves of our country’s fallen heroes and the act of saying the name of each and every veteran aloud. If you would like to volunteer to participate in the wreath laying ceremony, please go to Wreaths Across America and choose the Volunteer button. You may also see Mr. Voss for more information.
The next conference event on the calendar is Mission Thanksgiving, sponsored by SEC Conference. This will take place on Friday, November 22 from 4:15-6:15 pm at Arrow Ford. There is no early sign up for this event. When you arrive, find Mrs. Stanley, Mrs. Lindley, or Mrs. Scroggins to sign in and get instructions. In conjunction with Mission Thanksgiving, the SEC will be hosting a blanket drive next week. Bring new or clean, gently used blankets to be donated to Mission Thanksgiving.
AISD HIGH SCHOOL EXEMPTIONS (AISD Grading Policy)
Semester exams/projects will be administered in all high school credit courses (AISD Board Policy). The semester exam/project will count as 10% of the semester grade. Semester exams/projects will be given in the fall and spring. All high school students have the opportunity to qualify for and earn exemptions from semester exams/projects as follows:
Grade Level Max Number of Exemptions Attendance/Behavior
9th 2 per semester 90-100 Average = 2 Absences
10th 3 per semester 80-89 Average = 1 Absence
11th 4 per semester 75-79 Average = 0 Absences
12th 5 in the fall, 7 in the spring
- Also, to be exempt, you must not have had any In School Suspension (ISS), Out of School Suspension (OSS) or DAEP placements.
Anyone interested in participating in any TSA competitions must pay their TSA dues to Mr. Haney or Mrs. Stanley no later than Monday, Nov. 18th. See Mr. Haney if you have any questions.
Football tickets; CHS vs El Paso Del Valle 7pm $3 if purchased at ATEMS. $10 at the gate.
Our quote of the day is: “Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles. It only takes away today’s peace.”
Have a great day, ATEMS!
Conference Activities /Service Project
Sonic Volleyball Night – October 10th
Primetime Night – April 30th
Ultimate Frisbee – October 25th
3 X 3 Basketball – January 25th
Mr. Gatti’s – September 12th
Play Fair Park – April 21st
Paint Fest – September 20th
Paramount Movie Night-Spring – (TBD when Paramount releases 2020 movies)
Ultimate Frisbee – October 2nd
Game Night – March 25th
Taylor Elementary CarePack Night – March 3rd
The Walk to End Alzheimer’s – Saturday, September 15th
Bunco Night – October 8th
Mission Thanksgiving – Friday, November 22nd
Noah Project – February (TBD)
Click on the following link to access our weekly newsletter.