Holland High School
20-21 Holland Staff
Students helping with Buddy Walk
Students in PPE - Face Shields provided by TIGE Boats
Students helping with Bunco for Breast Cancer
Physical Therapy working with DHS Students
Christmas fun for HOSA students
Holland Medical High School is a unique, collaborative partnership between Hardin-Simmons University – a private, higher-education institution – with the Abilene Independent School District – a K-12 public school system. Built on the northeast corner of the beautiful HSU campus in north Abilene, Holland Medical High School is located near the largest medical community in West Texas, including the adjacent Hendrick Medical Center.
Click the link above for a presentation about the courses offered at Holland Medical High School.
The Holland teaching staff, including three Registered Nurses and one Certified Medical Technologist is preparing students in Certified Nurses Aide, Pharmacy Technician, Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician programs. Holland’s faculty has helped students earn more than 800 industry-ready certifications. Numerous students are already working in local healthcare facilities and offices while participating in both paid and unpaid internships. In addition, students at Holland use state-of-the-art science equipment in Anatomy & Physiology classes and in Microbiology. Both AP and regular English III are offered to 11th graders in a course designed specifically for students interested in the medical profession.
Holland Medical High School Application Process for 2021-2022 Holland Application Checklist (3)
Any student wanting to apply to Holland Medical High School must submit the following documents by March 4, 2021. You must be a CURRENT Abilene ISD student or an approved transfer student with AISD student google email access. Students should have completed Principles of Health Science in order to apply to Holland.
*Click under the FEATURED VIDEOS for a video explanation about submitting the application.
STEP 1: Complete the ONLINE application
- Application for Admission link:
Step 2: CREATE a google folder titled: lastname.firstname/holland app 21
Step 3: Load the following documents into the created folder.
The following documents must be submitted with the application. Each document should be scanned (clear pictures are acceptable) and uploaded into the folder unless otherwise denoted. Please be sure required signatures are legible.
Failure to submit EACH document will result in an incomplete application. Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission. NO EXTENSION on deadline.
- Student essay questions – google document. Additionally, but OPTIONAL you may also submit a video of yourself answering these questions. But, you must also submit the written document as well.
- Parent essay questions. These should be handwritten – scan and upload. OR the parent may submit a video of themselves answering the questions. Parent video does not require the written responses.
- Copy of Signed Criminal History Form – 2 pages
- Copy of Letter of Understanding signed by parent/guardian
- Copy of state issued identification card, driver’s license, military ID or passport
- CURRENT copy of immunizations including meningitis within the last 5 years
- Submit a copy of the EXIT ticket for the Parent Meeting
Step 3: SHARE THE Completed Folder with Mrs. Seekins firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4: Change the share setting to make Mrs. Seekins the OWNER of the folder. Failure to make her the owner by March 4 will result in an incomplete application.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Upon Admission the following items or steps must be completed prior to June 18, 2021.
- Completion of the Group 1 background check with documentation to Holland Office
- Scrub Order submitted if new to Holland
- Current TB Test results copy to Holland Office
- If admitted to C.NA – food handlers Certification course – certificate to Holland Office
- See additional documentation for links to the recommended provider sites (if you hold a current food handler certification, submit a copy of your current certificate)
- If admitted to pharmacy, click this link https://www.pharmacy.texas.gov/applicants/tech-trainee.asp
- You must register and apply
- Initial technician trainee
- You MUST be fingerprinted
- This process takes approximately 2-3 weeks to complete so START ASAP
- Once your application is approved, it may take 3 weeks for the certificate to arrive.
- Certificates are DUE by June 18, 2021.
- No Headlines at this time.