Holland High School
20-21 Holland Staff
Students helping with Buddy Walk
Students in PPE - Face Shields provided by TIGE Boats
Students helping with Bunco for Breast Cancer
Physical Therapy working with DHS Students
Christmas fun for HOSA students
Holland Medical High School is a unique, collaborative partnership between Hardin-Simmons University – a private, higher-education institution – with the Abilene Independent School District – a K-12 public school system. Built on the northeast corner of the beautiful HSU campus in north Abilene, Holland Medical High School is located near the largest medical community in West Texas, including the adjacent Hendrick Medical Center.
Click the link above for a presentation about the courses offered at Holland Medical High School.
The Holland teaching staff, including three Registered Nurses and one Certified Medical Technologist is preparing students in Certified Nurses Aide, Pharmacy Technician, Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician programs. Holland’s faculty has helped students earn more than 800 industry-ready certifications. Numerous students are already working in local healthcare facilities and offices while participating in both paid and unpaid internships. In addition, students at Holland use state-of-the-art science equipment in Anatomy & Physiology classes and in Microbiology. Both AP and regular English III are offered to 11th graders in a course designed specifically for students interested in the medical profession.
Upon Admission the following items or steps must be completed: (items in red are links)
- Completion of the Group 1 background check with documentation to Holland Office
- Scrub Order Form submitted if new to Holland
- Current TB Test results copy to Holland Office
- If admitted to C.NA – food handlers Certification course – certificate to Holland Office
- See additional documentation for links to the recommended provider sites (if you hold a current food handler certification, submit a copy of your current certificate)
- If admitted to pharmacy, click this link https://www.pharmacy.texas.gov/applicants/tech-trainee.asp
- You must register and apply
- Initial technician trainee
- You MUST be fingerprinted
- This process takes approximately 2-3 weeks to complete so START ASAP
- Once your application is approved, it may take 3 weeks for the certificate to arrive.
- Certificates are DUE by June 18, 2021.
- No Headlines at this time.
CNA Admitted Students meeting information :