Holland News & Events
Holland Medical High School is a unique, collaborative partnership between Hardin-Simmons University – a private, higher-education institution – with the Abilene Independent School District – a K-12 public school system. Built on the northeast corner of the beautiful HSU campus in north Abilene, Holland Medical High School is located near the largest medical community in West Texas, including the adjacent Hendrick Medical Center.
Click the link above for a presentation about the courses offered at Holland Medical High School.
The Holland teaching staff, including three Registered Nurses and one Certified Medical Technologist is preparing students in Certified Nurses Aide, Pharmacy Technician, Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician programs. Holland’s faculty has helped students earn more than 800 industry-ready certifications. Numerous students are already working in local healthcare facilities and offices while participating in both paid and unpaid internships. In addition, students at Holland use state-of-the-art science equipment in Anatomy & Physiology classes and in Microbiology. Both AP and regular English III are offered to 11th graders in a course designed specifically for students interested in the medical profession.
In case you missed the CNA meeting on April 12. Above is the link to a recording of the meeting. Please take time to watch this video.
Application Information for 2023-2024
The request for application for Holland Medical HS will be posted here on January 17. All applications are due by 4PM on February 17th. Interested students will be emailed a link to the application from DocuSign. Applications will be reviewed as received. Interested students should be attending or planning to attend AISD in the fall of 2023 and must have a full credit for Principles of Health Science.
Students needing an admission conference can expect those to be scheduled the week of March 1. Admission conferences may be needed due to grades, attendance or discipline. The program teacher will contact the parent and student to schedule the meeting.
Information regarding admission will be mailed by March 10. Students admitted to the Certified Nursing Assistant program and Pharmacy Technician program are strongly encouraged to attend a follow up meeting on April 4 at 6PM.
- Request a link to the online application by completing the Google form: Application Request – Applications are NO longer being accepted.
- A link to the application for Holland Medical HS will be sent to the email provided within 48 hours of the request. An email will come to the provided email from DocuSign.
- Students MUST attend a program meeting for the program they are intersted in pursuing. Please note, all programs have fees that are subject to change. Fees and program expecations will be discussed at the meetings.
- Certified Nurses Assistant: Monday, Jan. 23rd or Tuesday, Jan. 24th @6:00
- Diversified Healthcare Skills: Monday, Jan. 23rd or Thursday, Jan. 26th @5:30
- Pharmacy: Monday, Jan. 23rd or Thursday, Jan 26th @6:30
- Registered Dental Assistant: Monday, Jan. 23rd or Tuesday, Jan. 24th @5:30
- Certified Medical Assistant: Monday, Jan. 23d or Thursday, Jan. 26th @6:00
- NO application requests will be honored after 4:00 PM on Feb. 15.
- Students will need the following documents to submit with their online application.
- Social Security card
- Shot record- with TB results if possible
- Photo ID (driver’s license, military ID, or passport)
- Proof of group 1 background check (results are preferred, but receipt of payment will work – results are required BEFORE May 25, 2023).
- Give teacher recommendation form to a CORE teacher for completion. This must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com.
- All parts of the application are due by Friday, Feb. 17 at 4:00PM. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED -FIRM!
ALL final paperwork required for admission is due PRIOR to May 25th. Students’ admission status can be changed if lacking documentation.
Ex: background checks, TB results, training plans, fingerprinting
Upon Admission the following items or steps must be completed: (items in blue are links)
- Scrub Order Site – PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS
- Current TB Test results copy to Holland Office
- If admitted to C.NA – food handlers Certification course – certificate to Holland Office
- See additional documentation for links to the recommended provider sites (if you hold a current food handler certification, submit a copy of your current certificate)
- If admitted to pharmacy, click this link https://www.pharmacy.texas.gov/applicants/tech-trainee.asp
- You must register and apply
- Initial technician trainee
- You MUST be fingerprinted
- This process takes approximately 2-3 weeks to complete so START ASAP
- Once your application is approved, it may take 3 weeks for the certificate to arrive.
- Certificates are DUE by June 16, 2023.
- No Headlines at this time.
CNA Admitted Students meeting information :
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Abilene Independent School District offers career and technical education programs in Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources; Architecture and Construction; Arts, A/V Technology, and Communications; Business, Marketing, and Finance; Education and Training; Health Science; Hospitality and Tourism; Human Services; Information Technology; Law and Public Service; Manufacturing; Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM); Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics. Admission to these programs based on grade placement, aptitude, interest, and the availability of classspace.
It is the policy of Abilene Independent School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or handicap in its vocational programs, services or activities as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.
It is the policy of Abilene Independent School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, or age in its employment practices as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.
Abilene Independent School District will take steps to assure that lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in alleducational and vocational programs.
For information about your rights or grievance procedures, contact the Title IX Coordinator Alison Sims (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 241 Pine Street, Abilene, TX 79601, 325-677-1444, and/or the Section 504 Coordinator Stephanie Holloway (email@example.com) at 241 Pine Street, Abilene, TX 79601, 325-677-1444.
Educación Técnica y Vocacional
Notificación Publica de No Discriminación
El Distrito Escolar Independiente de Abilene ofrece programas de educación técnica y vocacional en Agricultura, Alimentos y Recursos Naturales; Arquitectura y construcción; Artes, tecnología audiovisual, y comunicaciones; Negocios, Marketing y Finanzas; Educación y entrenamiento; Ciencia de la salud; Hospitalidad y Turismo; Servicios Humanos; Tecnologías de la información; Derecho y servicio público; Fabricación; Ciencia, Tecnología, Ingeniería y Matemáticas (STEM); Transporte, distribución y logística. La admisión a estos programas se basa en la colocación del grado, la aptitud,el interés y la disponibilidad de espacio de la clase.
Es norma del Distrito Escolar Independiente de Abilene no discriminar en sus programas, servicios o actividades vocacionales por motivos de raza,color, origen nacional, sexo o impedimento, tal como lo requieren el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, según enmienda; Título IXde las Enmiendas en la Educación de 1972, y la Sección 504 de la Ley de Rehabilitación de 1973, según enmienda.
Es norma del Distrito Escolar Independiente de Abilene no discriminar en sus procedimientos de empleo por motivos de raza, color, origennacional, sexo, impedimento o edad, tal como lo requieren el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, según enmienda; Título IX de lasEnmiendas en la Educación, de 1972, la ley de Discriminación por Edad, de 1975, según enmienda; y la Sección 504 de la Ley deRehabilitación de 1973, según enmienda.
El Distrito Escolar Independiente de Abilene tomará las medidas necesarias para asegurar que la falta de habilidad en el uso del inglés no sea unobstáculo para la admisión y participación en todos los programas educativos y vocacionales.
Para información sobre sus derechos o procedimientos de quejas, comuníquese con el Coordinador del Título IX, Alison Sims(firstname.lastname@example.org) en 241 Pine Street, Abilene, TX 79601, 325-677-1444y/o el Coordinador de la Sección 504 en Holloway(email@example.com) en 241 Pine Street, Abilene, TX 79601, 325-677-1444.
Whether students are looking to become a physician, nurse, dentist, or researcher – or simply looking to earn a certification that will lead to a part-time job as they continue their education – Holland Medical High School provides students a valuable launching pad. At Holland, we are “Preparing healthcare professionals today for the medical workplace tomorrow.”
School Colors: Purple & White
The board has established policies and procedures to prohibit and promptly address inappropriate and offensive behaviors that are based on a person’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Notice of Release of Information