Clack Middle School was established in 1992. Since that time, our students have continued to uphold a tradition of achievement both inside and outside the classroom. The Cardinal faculty and staff are dedicated to providing the best environment for success. We are committed to providing year in and year out the best education available in Abilene and the state of Texas.
Colors: Red and Black
Do The Right Thing
Please do not park on the side of the street closest to the school during dismissal!
Facts About Absenteeism:
- Absenteeism in the first month of school can predict poor attendance throughout the school year. Half the students who miss 2-4 days in September go on to miss nearly a month of school
- Poor attendance can influence whether children read proficiently by the end of third grade or be held back
- By 6th grade, chronic absence becomes a leading indicator that a student will drop out of high school.
- Research shows that missing 10 percent of the school, or about 18 days in most school districts, negatively affects a student’s academic performance. That’s just two days a month and that’s known as chronic absence.
- When students improve their attendance rates, they improve their academic prospects and chances for graduating.
- Source: Attendanceworks.org