Reading Language Arts
Abilene ISD’s RLA Instructional Framework prioritizes the core competencies required for students to develop into effective lifelong readers, writers and communicators. Through the implementation of the framework design, students will be able to:
- Develop and sustain foundational language skills: listening, speaking, discussion, and thinking.
- Use metacognitive skills to both develop and deepen comprehension of multiple increasingly complex texts.
- Respond to an increasingly challenging variety of sources that are read, heard, or viewed.
- Recognize and analyze literary elements within and across increasingly complex traditional, contemporary, classical, and diverse literary texts.
- Use critical inquiry to analyze the author’s purpose in order to develop his or her own products and performances.
- Use the writing process recursively to compose multiple texts that are legible and use appropriate conventions.
- Engage in both short-term and sustained recursive inquiry processes for a variety of purposes.