- Emphasis on changing people’s habits rather than purchasing new equipment.
- Maintaining safety and comfort; however, ensuring everything is off when not being used.
- Optimizing the efficiency of our energy systems. (Getting the most for our money!)
The energy specialists will visit every school and school district property during all hours of the day and night to determine where energy – and money – can be saved. We will be looking at everything, including:
- Occupancy Patterns
- UIL and Extracurricular Programs
- Little, tiny LED lights on your speakers and VCR/DVDs, document cameras, printers and monitors.
HB 3693 80th Legislature
“School districts and TEA are required to establish a goal to reduce annual electric consumption by five percent each state fiscal year for six years beginning September 1, 2007. School districts and TEA are required to record electricity, water, and natural gas consumption in an electronic repository and report this information on a publicly accessible Internet website with an interface designed for ease of navigation.”
The Energy Management Department monitors all energy and utility usage. Most of the district’s buildings currently are controlled by energy management. The district has an ongoing schedule to install and upgrade energy management equipment district wide with an overall goal to reduce electricity, water and gas use for the district while maintaining classroom comfort.