Student Transfer Procedures
Procedures for 2023-2024 Transfer Requests
Deadline May 31st
Transfers must be renewed every year for accurate and efficient campus planning. No transfers are renewed or extended without re-application and approval, in writing, through the Office of Student Services.
TRANSFER REQUEST APPLICATION DATES:
- OUT OF DISTRICT TRANSFER: April 1st – May 31st
- IN DISTRICT TRANSFER: May 2nd – May 31st
All parents will be notified by mail no later than June 30 of the transfer decision. Denied applications may appeal the decision to an appeal committee by contacting the Office of Student Services. Appeal hearings will be scheduled by Student Services to be held the first week of August.
Please ensure you provide with completed transfer application:
- Proof of residence (water, electric, gas, lease/mortgage that is in your name or your spouse’s name, no disconnect notices) must be provided with application.
Child Care Transfers:
- You must provide a notarized statement from your childcare provider confirming that they will be taking care of the student, together with proof of their childcare address.
- If the provider is an established childcare center, you may simply bring an enrollment statement from the center showing that your child is enrolled for the 2023-2024 school year and the location where your child will be cared for.
- A sibling transfer may be requested to allow a student to attend the same campus as his/her sibling, as long as that sibling qualifies, is enrolled at that campus, and space is available.
- A former student transfer may be requested to allow a student to return to a campus for one more year if he/she has moved out of the attendance zone. Former student transfers will only be granted for one additional year. This 1-year maximum does not apply to boundary changes or students in high school. If received a transfer for former student in 2022-2023, you will not be granted a former student transfer for this school year.
Child of Employee:
- You must have an email from your principal approving your child to attend the campus at which you’re employed to Student Services. This applies to only Elementary and Middle Schools.
Click here for the In-District Transfer Form
Accepting Forms May 2 – May 31, 2023
Out-of-District Transfer Form
Click here for the Out-of-District Transfer Form