Procedures for 2018-2019 Transfer Requests
ROUND ONE of TRANSFER APPLICATIONS
- April 1: Date To Begin Accepting Out-of-District Transfers in the Office of Student Services
- May 1: Date To Begin Accepting In-District Transfers in the Office of Student Services
- May 31 is the final deadline for Accepting Transfer Applications for Round One*
- All Transfer Applicants for Round One Notified no later than June 30
- Denied Round One Applications may appeal the decision to an appeal committee, which will meet on Monday, July 30.
*NOTE: New students and staff moving to the Abilene area prior to August 31 will have 10 business days from the date of enrollment to fill out a transfer. All new students will be considered a “Round One” Applicant.
ROUND TWO of TRANSFER APPLICATIONS
- Any late transfer applications submitted between June 1 and August 31 will not be reviewed until mid-September, after classroom counts are established on campuses the first three weeks of school.
- All Round Two Transfer Applicants Notified no later than September 30.
- Denied Round Two Applications cannot be appealed.
The only applications considered after August 31 will be those for new students relocating to Abilene on or after September 1, 2018 or for staff that are relocated to another campus after September 1, 2018. These students must submit an application within 10 business days of enrolling (or staff relocating to a new campus).
For more information contact the Student Services Office at 325.677.1444 ext 8764, FAX 325.794.1321, or email email@example.com.