Home » Departments » Career and Technical Education » National Technical Honor Society » NTHS Requirements for Induction
NTHS Requirements for Induction
National Technical Honor Society
America‘s highest award for excellence in career and technical education.
Requirements for induction:
- A teacher must nominate a student.
- The student must have at least an 85 overall GPA.
- The student must have at least a 90 GPA in the course of the nominating teacher.
- The student must be a junior or senior to be eligible for induction.
- The student must have successfully completed 3 semesters of Career and Technical courses.
- The student must be an active member of a CTE student organization.
- National membership dues are $25 and local dues are $10—both are lifetime memberships.
Student Membership Benefits
Society membership is an important career and professional investment recognized by education, business and industry. Members receive:
- The NTHS membership certificate, pin, card, graduation tassel, window decal and official NTHS seal to be applied to the member’s diploma or training certificate.
- The opportunity to purchase NTHS commencement accessories and other official NTHS gear.
- NTHS American Careers Journal – 2 issues per year. Available through advisor.
- Personal recommendations for employment, college admission and scholarships provided by NTHS National Headquarters.