Major Functions of the Board of Trustees:
- To set goals and expectations for the school district.
- To establish policy (board-governing principles).
- To select the Superintendent of schools.
- To establish an annual budget and tax rate.
- To evaluate the effectiveness with which the Superintendent and his staff are achieving the school district goals and carrying out School Board policies.
Elections: The Board consists of seven Trustees serving terms of four years, with elections held biennially. The terms of one-half of the Trustees, or as near to one-half as possible, expire every two years.
School Board Meetings: School Board Meetings are normally held at 4:30 p.m. (Executive Session) and 6 p.m. (Public Meeting) on the first Monday after the first Thursday of each month at One AISD Center, 241 Pine Street. Each meeting is preceded by a Board Workshop at 5 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month at One AISD Center. Meetings are open to the public and agendas are posted at least 72 hours in advance in accordance with the Texas Open Meeting Act.